Friday, February 15, 2013

Moon in Taurus: My Journey Today



The Moon in Aries had me feeling like shit man, really, like shit. I was talking to my friend about the shit feeling and I was just explaining to him how I feel about being stagnant and not traveling like my 9H stellium wants to. Not transforming like my 1H Pluto wants to. Not being a complete individual like I want to.

But as the Moon moved into Taurus, I've been feeling good. Grounded. My emotions have calmed and I'm able to push aside that stagnant feeling. All of this has allowed me to have a great journey today and I'll tell you about it.

I saw the same butterflies that I always see today, twice.

One flew by as I waiting by the bus stop next to a muslim woman. We kept making eye contact and I think she was waiting for me to talk to her. When I saw the butterfly I thought "I should talk to her." So I turned and it was like she was waiting because she was already looking at me. I started up small conversation and it lead to talking about life and school. Come to find out she's from Pakistan and is here for school on a scholarship. We got on the bus and talked more and we exchanged names. My name is arabic, indicator that I have origins in Islam. She asked me was I muslim.

I said, "I still believe in it. I don't practice that much." She said, "you still have faith and belief in it right?" I said, "yeah." She replied, "then you're still muslim." Her stop came and we said our last few words to each other.

That got me thinking.

I went to the bookstore and went to the metaphysics section. I was reading an astrology book and thinking about it. Maybe I can incorporate Islam in my shamanic practices since it is my core belief. I pondered on that. I was reading a good book about Astrology and the soul and as a Cancer I have to let go of the fear and listen to my intuition and the universes messages. While I was reading it, I kind of knew I was going to meet someone at the section. Actually that was my intention of going to the bookstore in the first place.

Turns out I did. Turns out I've seen this guy at my college before. Turns out he has 4 planets in Cancer and is going through his Saturn Return.
He pulled out a tarot book and I immediately spotted it as I was sitting right in front of the section. I started talking to him and asking him questions. He's been doing tarot for 3 years. He recommended me a book to learn from. He's gay. And the big part of it all is that I'VE SEEN HIM BEFORE. He goes to the same University I went to and we were in the same organization. As soon as he told me, he started becoming familiar. We talked more about tarot and astrology of which he is not that into, but I was talking to him about it anyway telling him about his chart and how he's going through his Saturn's Return. You learn something everyday, right? I asked for his info, said that maybe we could study tarot together and he agreed. We exchanged goodbye's and I left.

I went to apply for some stores afterwards and kind of lucked up because they were all hiring! Let's see if I get hired. I was also thinking about what Omie said, that I choose but I may not want anyone around. It rings so true man! Except this one guy...

After applying to the jobs, I decided to treat myself something to eat. I was going to stick to the tried and true McDonalds, but I thought why not try something new? So I decided to go to a Tex-Mex restaurant and bar. I went in and sat at the bar, and waited to order. There was only one person at the bar and the bartender. I made little conversation with the bartender. He was extremely cute, but I wasn't sure if he was gay or not. So frustrating. He had to be in his 30s though. After our little conversation, I ordered and then made conversation with the lady at the bar. Her and I started talking about the food and then somehow it all led to us talking about traveling to places and where we've been to. 9H baby. I told her about living in LA of which she always wanted to visit, but never had the chance to. I think I might be the catalyst of that trip because she had her doubts, now she really wants to go. She then talked about her experiences in NY which is the next place I want to live for awhile. She told me about the gay area and how people were all cool as hell and whatnot. I told her about my philosophies on traveling and experiencing new things and she was all for it. She said, "Hell yeah! Shit, you're young. Do it! This is the time for you to do it. Go out and experience things. You're a handsome young man, you can take over the town." Her sister called her eventually which cut our conversation short. No one else was at the bar and my food came so I just ate. As I was eating I kept making eye contact with the cute bartender. I didn't know if he was looking or if I was looking, but somehow our eyes kept leading back to each others. Every time he came around the bar he was looking at me, but  I couldn't figure out if I was just in his line of sight or what. He kept coming up and asking was the food alright after the prolonged eye contact. If I think you're cute and you're looking at me, I seriously can have a staring contest with you if I'm feeling up to it. 1H Pluto. I'm learning how to smile more now though so hopefully that disarms people. He eventually had to clock out his shift. In that time I found out he's also a musician which explained his eccentricness. Then he left.

Maybe I missed my chance? What if that was a hint to keep the conversation going? I don't know, but I do plan to go back sometime soon. Order a drink because I'm sure I could've gotten away with it. This time, I'll talk to him more.

That was my journey for today. These butterflies man, I love them. It's always the same color butterfly! I made some new friends and connections today. I love talking to people, you know? You learn something new. You grow. I love the exchange of experiences and ideas especially if they challenge your own in a way. Or just simply get you thinking deeply. The lady at the bar got me thinking that maybe it's time for me to move to NY for a bit. The other day I had a dream I was living there. So maybe it's time for me to experience that. I decided I'm going to live there this summer and come back when summer is over just so I can get a taste of it. I've been thinking where do I want to build my life and my business in. LA or NY? I've lived in LA and now it's time for me to experience NY. So I'm moving there this summer after my birthday. I will and I am. I'm also excited I made a new tarot buddy who's also a major Cancer! That's another thing. I keep meeting Cancer's and people who are going through their Saturn Return's lately. I feel like I teach these people something especially the Saturn Return peeps. I ask them if they're going through some changes, hard times and the answer is always yes. My reply in turn is always, you're going through your Saturn's Return and I proceed to tell them what that is all about.

All in all, I love people, I love helping people, and I love sharing my ideas and philosophies. They are a big part of who I am. The good part about it is that even though I may not like other's philosophies sometimes, I still listen to them. I think that's a big part of sharing and a big part of contributing to the world and experiences. You learn, experience, and journey further with each day. Living in the now is preparing for the now and for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment