Monday, January 20, 2014

Short Story 2013

Longing

As I pass through the day, I wonder where you are. I wake up, smoke a blunt, look out the window and think of who you might be. I think and I wish and I hope and I pray that one day you'll pass my way. But will I know it's you? What's the feeling like when lightning hits? I don't know, but I hope that I feel it.

I look for you in the sky when I'm walking. Embodying Jupiter and Venus with a smile on my face hoping that it'll attract you to me. Will I be ready? What should I do? Am I even ready for you? Am I even ready for anything? These thoughts run through my head walking part floating objects. Stop. Red light.

I thought I saw you one day where I shop. You had those glasses on with a beanie-like hat. I've seen you before. You are cute, but those words dare leave my lips. Instead I talk to you in a jumble-like form because I'm nervous. Did you understand me when we were talking? I asked for your number and you reluctantly gave it. And that's when I knew deep in my heart that it wasn't you.

I walked out facing a fear even though you rejected me. I actually wanted to be your friend. Damn! "Oh well" I say as I walked down the sidewalk. You're the one that missed out. Or maybe not. But I think it anyway. I texted you despite the lash of rejection. I did it anyway. Of course, you didn't text back. Of course. My mood changes and now I'm looking out the window again. Back to searching the sky. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment