Monday, January 20, 2014

Short Story 2013: Living with a Sick Leo

Living with a Sick Leo

It smells putrid in here and I just want to say something, but I don't. I can't let you know that I'm thinking it. You don't want to solve this riddle so I keep my mouth closed. My mood changes as soon as the smell hits my nose. It smells like sickness. It smells like my very sick grandmother before she passed. It smells like dying. And it hurts my soul. I cry for someone I've known my whole life passing. The thought of it sends shivers up my spine. I break down in the chair when you tell me the diagnosis. It's too much to take.

You smell like you're dying and it scares me. What would life be without you? I've never imagined it. I'll keep the fog of Neptune there if that's what it takes. You're looking for herbs and the universe to heal, but will that be enough? Will that be enough to save you? We're having faith in it, but are we really trusting. You can tell by the shiftiness in the air. My mood changes when you walk in the room because of all that energy. It's depressing. It sucks me in when I'm around you. You're losing so much weight. Sooner or later you'll whither away into the wind. Lord help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment