Monday, January 20, 2014

Short Stories 2013: Aquarius Home Living

Aquarius Home Living

"Go away, all of you," I think as I wake up. The talking, the noise, I just can't take. You wake me up every morning talking loud. Do you do this on purpose, really? Just because I sleep on the couch. Jesus, give me a fucking break. And you wonder why I get grouchy sometimes. I have no privacy and I can't sleep. What the hell. I don't even want to talk afterwhile. I just want to hole up and die.

Maybe not  die, but I certainly want to be anywhere but here. I'm claustrophobic, did you know. Yeah. This house makes me feel trapped on the inside and outside. I must break away or I'll fade away. In my bed, I will sleep my life away. Rip Van Winkle part deux. Instead I'll wake to a world filled with floating cars and robots. I would be picked off the street and placed in jail for looking like a crime to society. A loon. But what they wouldn't know is that I slept for 20 years and no one ever wake me up. No one.

But instead, I'm confined here to the chains of family. I hold all the struggles and responsibility close to heart, but sometimes it's a bit too much. I have Aquarius, but I'm also a Cancer with a Libra Rising. There's a lot of shit I have to balance. I'm a fucking juggler and it is indeed a juggling act. But what can I say? It won't do anything, so I don't say anything really. I mean, what can I say? So I stay quiet, eat, shit, smoke, and go to sleep. It's become a routine. I want good vibes, man, peace. Can we just keep it?

No comments:

Post a Comment